Follow Me!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Boast of Mt. Apo's Treasure : Mt Apo Highland Resort

Mount Apo, the highest peak in the Philippines, an active stratovolcano with an elevation 9,698ft above sea level.Located betweenDavao del Sur province and Cotabato province in Region XII.


After soaking ourselves in the sea, we immediately headed to Mt. Apo through Kapatagan,Digos trail.Weeks before heading here, I have booked for two nights in Mt. Apo Highland Resort. Room rate is 1800 php.


It was our first time to visit the place, it was actually my idea since I wanted Benni to have some adventure and not just to get stuck in the city.
It's just more fun to be in a place where you're at eased with how the nature comforts you. Right?


Selfie, heavy traffic in downtown area.
We arrived approximately 9 o'clock in the evening again almost famished from Samal, driving all the way to Digos, and the funny part was we almost got lost, we headed straight to Bansalan, good thing I'm good with asking for directions, since we don't have a map and we don't have GPS!. So we were told that it's after Dasureco from the way out of Digos, but if you're from Davao proper, it's before Dasureco, there's a gasoline station along the highway of the road going to the resort. The hard part was, it's 27 kilometers from the highway. Huhuhu..Prolonging the agony of my starving tummy.

Stepping my feet out of the car, damn, it was freaking cold! Colder than what I thought! And I forgot to bring jacket. How smart.. It was so damn cold that I can't even speak properly. -_- And the dude that I was with, well, it was just nothing for him. Since he's used with this temperature.

Unfortunately, the restaurant of the said resort was already closed during those hours. But when the guard asked me if we already had our meal and then I said no, he immediately called for the cook. Yeahey! So we had our late dinner!!
Tired and full, I immediately hurried back in our room and just cant help but to smoke since it was freaking cold. Good thing they have ash tray! ^_^ But on the other hand that cuts my happiness was an upset boyfriend who keeps on blabbing with my smoking habits. Oh well. ^_^



 
This is the pathway, heading straight is where the
Civet coffee farm is located. We haven't tried the coffee because first: I am not a coffee drinker, 2nd: He has his reasons.
 As you noticed there are lots of pine trees. So while walking in the morning checking out how the area looks like you'd smell the pine tree scent. It was very pleasant for my lungs. HAHAHA





This  is the way to the resto. The road is going down obviously, good thing I brought my shoes.
Not suitable for the place though but at least it protects my feet.




As you can see, they have a hammock with benches and table
 The cottages are really unique looking, it has a glass sliding window that faces the mountain for you to be able to witness the sunrise. But unfortunately I haven't witnessed how the sun popped out since I was busy sleeping. But it was enough for me to see that the weather is cooperating with our trip.


The Philippine Eagle. Isn't it cute?
They are in the brink of extinction though. The last time I've seen an eagle was when I was still a kiddo in Eagle farm located in Davao. I believe this little fellow is still young because it still looks cute. Hahaha Well honestly speaking a fully grown eagle looks scary as the Kalaw in Hof Gorei. (If you have read my previous blog) Or maybe this is a different breed of an Eagle?? A hawk maybe?  Haha I am not sure me not an expert ^_^. It seems very docile


This is the restaurant, the food prices are affordable, they have lots of cats roaming around making weird noises during the time that we were there. (I'm a cat person by the way) 


My PETA member boyfie checking out the crocodile skin

Add caption


A bag full of strawberries my love
 They actually have strawberry farm, they sell strawberries
 for 600/kg. We bought half a kilo, not bad to start the day with fresh fruit.

Look how unique they grow their strawberries. Also I forgot to take a picture, they have beehives and I'm sure they sell honey.
The whole resort was surrounded by different flowering plants and different trees and vegetables.





Enjoying the heat of the sun! Excited to start our tripping!
Next stop, checking out of the resort and checking in to the other resort which is the Lake Mirror Resort.

#happyadventure