Follow Me!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Crazy Adventure: Hof Gorei getaway!


Three days and two nights after my boyfriend arrived from Germany to visit me, we opted to escape  the busy city life of Davao City. But before we headed to Hof Gorei, the name of the beach resort we planned to visit which is situated in Adecor, Kaputian District Island Garden City of Samal, we already booked a room to make sure everything is hassle free by the time we get there.So we chose the round hut which costs 3,850php but it includes the round trip boat ride and breakfast.



Take note: For over night guests, you really have to pay upon reserving since I have done this before I tried calling them just to make reservations but they said they needed assurance from the guest which is why you have to pay by the time you're gonna make reservations
. Booking can be found in there website. www.hofgorei-resortdavao.com/?page=home#

Also the resort is not accessible by land transportation except single motor cycle. I asked about this since I was hoping that my boyfriend and I could go there by car through the barge in Sasa wharf but unfortunately it ain't possible.

So we left the hotel that we were staying by 11:00 am to make sure we'll be at the port before the boat leaves by 2:00 pm which is the last trip. But before heading to Sta. Ana Wharf where the boat docks, we thought of buying some snacks for the long boat ride.


I tried my very best to stand properly even though the boat was rocking furtively
(well you wouldn't know if it does 'cause it's a pic) LOL. Though it made me sick already.


So the boat left before 2:00pm actually, there were two more guests (couple also) that took the last trip along with us. The boat was pretty fast, waters were splattering on my face giving me  hard time to take selfies.
While on the boat heading there, I fell asleep in the arms of my love, haha  it's actually nice to sleep in there with the cool breeze blowing your hair, a comfy chest to lean on ya know. ^_^ Hahahaha


So to set the "hoity toity" thingy aside we never had the chance to eat what we bought. But it's okay. Actually I forgot what time we docked in in Hof Gorei, I think past three, hmmm maybe almost 4:00pm. Pretty not sure.

Still splattered seawater won't stop me from taking selfie ;) ayee
But when we arrived, our personal assistant/ butler was expecting for us in their almost done floating restaurant where our boat docked in with a complimentary fresh water melon juice and some cold wet towels.
The first word that came from our mouths when we walked in the area was just "WOW".
It was really amazing, how it was arranged, the plants, the pathways, everything! It's really close to nature. Sooooo breathtaking! We were really glad we booked for this resort.
That's me, exposing my armpits with joy, looking forward of having fun in this cool place together with my prince. ;)
 Before heading to our hut, our personal assistant, (whom we forgot the name) immediately asked us about what food we're gonna order for our supper. Since I'm with a vegetarian dude, I went vegetarian for the night as well, also he already took our orders for our breakfast and also asked what time we prefer it to be arranged.
 Foods aren't that expensive, it's at its decent price, I have no complaints with the food, everything was satisfying. What we had for the night was vegetables saute'd in butter, potato salad, a cup of garlic rice since we're kinda hesitant to order more rice (just to avoid waste) and I had my fresh buko juice and he had his four seasons (boring). Then we were also asked as to where we would want to have our dinner. So we just said just at the balcony of our room. But there are plenty of choices actually, you can have your dinner along the seashore, or to that specific cottage, I forgot what it was but it is made out of stone and the sea is overlooking. But you really gotta roam around the area to discover more! ;)

This is how the room looks like.









To be honest, the way to our room made the two of us ran out of breath. Just the long walks all the way to the higher elevation drains me. But it was pretty fun, a surprising exercising to be precised.




Voila! Here's how the sand looks like. :3


my boyfriend in action -_- while me just taking photos.. oh well.



So we decided to spend the rest of the daylight on the beach, then we were invited by the staff to play volleyball with them. But I ended up sitting there alone while watching at him playing . :(
I wasn't wearing the proper getup. I don't wanna end up having wardrobe malfunction by too much jumping. But anyway, yeah I did enjoy watching him having fun. ^_^


So we ordered two more cups of garlic rice 'cause we were so famished. haha. Actually, we were  hungry but the real deal is that we enjoyed the food so much. I even got a bloated gut after finishing my meal. We had a great night so far. Everything was perfect, until the next morning..




This bird frightened the two of us. Like for real! It wasn't my first time actually to see Kalaw, but the one that I saw before like 16 years ago was caged, so this one terrifies us. It stares at us like how pterodactyl's stares at it's prey. Jeez, if I'm being exag, I don't know. But the gardener told be it would peck you! So be aware.
To continue the fun with our remaining hours of stay, we headed back to the beach, actually I really don't know how to swim -_- I don't know until when I'd be able to do so. Oh well, let's just hope I'd have the determination to learn how to! Haha..






They have geese. They were actually up for Ben. Told him not to run. ^_^ They really look like in a hurry to catch him


It was such a nice morning. The weather is not moody and it wasn't low tide. Yet

This was the cottage that I was talking about where in you can have you meal. We just found it later that morning

This is how the view looks like from the top


So we decided to check on the Jacuzzi which was located on the top of the highest hill. How many steps? I didn't count,
we just had a fun time running. Until he saw a goat. -_-




 Austrian type of Architecture.



Jacuzzi baby :*



So yeah this was how our trip here stopped. We checked out ahead of time since we have to go to our next trip. Over all, the experience was terrific. Service is great! Perfect for couples because of it's privacy. We highly recommend this resort!


Hof Gorei Resort Contact number:
286-0238
website: www.hofgorei-resortdavao.com

Additional Information: The internet connection of the hotel wasn't that fast during the night. But perhaps you can try in the morning. They have two locations for their wifi hot spot. Which is in the bar and in the floating restaurant. No corkage for beverages or snacks.
Ciao baby! :* We had a great time!!