Follow Me!

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hiking Challenge Accepted: Exploring the Mountain 1st day Adventure


                   
 
                                                                                           Checking out from Mt. Apo Highland Resort

Lake view from our room.
If in the Highland Resort cottages has hammock and benches under
this one has a bed under. ;)
my boyfriend and I decided to check in to the Lake Mirror resort instead of spending another night  in the same resort.

Before heading to Lake Mirror, the guy from the resort provided us a guide that would take us to whichever places we wanna go.
In the map that I have posted prior to this blog there was  Three Falls delineated. My boyfriend and I wanted to go to the falls since I personally haven't gone so close to one,only from a far. So we chose the Virgin falls to go to.





The lake, where u can do boating


We parked our car in the the campsite and immediately left for our little adventure.
So here are the list of our activities for that day:
Hiking to the Virgin Falls
Going to the Hotspring
Zipline at Camp Sabros

         We opted to ride on the motorbike of our guide headed to the Waterfalls. 

       Heading there, we've witnessed how remote the place was with people who uses horses for transportation and the primary source for the living is by farming. However, knowing that  these people gets little pay from the works that they do from their day-to-day living, I have come to realize that they actually have contributed more in general for the maintenance of the environment compared to some urban areas that provides enough pay or even more to those people who inhabit the area which mostly has not contributed or may not be enough for a contribution for the land's rehabilitation.
 Despite the inequitable way of living, the smile on their faces are very bonafide.
This is how the way down to the falls looks like



Hiking under the  vehemence of the sun, capturing pictures of the surroundings had completely omitted from my mind. We hiked for almost an hour or more together with our guide (which we forgot the name again) I never anticipate that it would be that far and it was pretty challenging for my part as I was wearing slippers. The cool part about our hiking is that the path is steep.And every time I'd feel pain with my legs, I'd tend to ask to our Kuya guide, "Are we almost there?" or "Are we there yet?" hahaha

 You would need a long stick while your doing this which never passes our mind when we had our chance. Also you should bring water because it's not just the kind of walk like roaming around the mall from the ground floor until the top for 10 times. Hahaha.. I never thought I could do this in my entire life!!



     So here it is, the Virgin falls, the water was icy cold, but my boyfriend forced me to soak myself in the water. I was really shaking. But it was sunny, so I soaked myself to the area where sun strikes its ray. Over all, the long walk was worth it. What we had when we got there was a tetra pack of fruit juice and our strawberries. And my better half just enjoyed his morning swim. While I was just observing the water. But nothing to worry, there are no snakes.

VOILA! The Virgin Falls!
     We didn't stay for long in the falls since we still have two more activities to do and we want everything to be accomplished. Hiking back, it was the hardest for my part. So I asked my boyfriend to piggy back carry me. Since I can't take it anymore. But that was from I think 3/4 of the way when my legs decided to give up.




A fifteen to twenty minute drive from the falls to the next destination which was the hot spring, my boyfriend and I have seen people harvesting their crops. The weather wasn't so sunny anymore but that doesn't meant it won't make you dark.



There was an entrance fee for this resort also for cottage rent which isn't that much, it's for the maintenance and improvement of the area. 





There's this hose that came from the top that directs to each basin which makes it warm. I think it's connected to where the spring is.
There are lots of hot springs by the way. You just have to set a proper schedule for your plan trip because each tourist spots aren't just close with each other.  Same as with the falls.

The cottages are just the usual bamboo huts that are very common here in the Philippines. But every hut has different techniques to be created. 

So after this, we headed to Camp Sabros because he really wanted to try the zipline. Well I was actually having second thoughts about it but I'll just try to face my fear.










Contact Number Highland Resort/Lake Mirror: 275-7955
Room Rate: 1800php 

Additional Note: Make an advance reservation during the peak season which is summer here in the Philippines. From March- May.
We visited the said place January of this 2015.